Friday, September 4, 2009

My Obituary as inspired by Danna Walker

So in order to think of my grand plan for life that should hold true until I am at least fifty, I elected to perform an exercise that was suggested by Danna Walker, our speaker for today. I found it fitting for our reflection exercise since I will be reflecting on what I want out of life. Dr. Walker said that it should be interesting and helpful for one to write a personal obituary. I trust that it will be beneficial because Dr. Walker was very insightful on the topic of life. So here it goes, and though I am a little weary to write this, because I DO NOT want to die any time soon, I will give it my best and hopefully it doesn't sound too impractical. Though if you have read my other posts you will realize I am the epitome of an idealist.

Miranda, daughter of William and Annette, and sister to Arianne, died last night in her sleep at the age of 105. Graduate of American University, Class of 2013, with a major in International Service, Miranda also went on to receive her masters from Columbia University in 2015 in International Affairs. After establishing herself as a leading figure in the international world, Miranda fought to share the power of an education to children in developing nations. Miranda always spoke passionately about her education, and she wished for other children to be influenced by it. Thus, she started her own non- profit organization, Education and Empowerment, for this cause in 2022. However, Miranda also sought to ameliorate the educational system of America, and she frequently testified before Congress throughout her lifetime. Miranda was happily married for eighty years, and her and her husband leave a son James, and twins Elizabeth and Alyssa. In lieu of flowers, please send donations to Education and Empowerment.


Wow, that was the weirdest thing I have ever written, and I am fearful of hitting the "Publish Post" button because there is a .01% chance that my life will turn out as I have described above. However, I learned many things from Dr. Walker's discussion today, and one of them is that even though one's plan may seem too fantastical, it is still not bad to wish for such things. And, as Dr. Walker conveyed, it is important to not let other factors be a deterrent in one's life. Dr. Walker was very helpful, and I think I am finally beginning to explore who I am and what I want to become, which is good because that is the point of this course! I have a feeling I'll look back at this post in fifty years and have a good laugh.

No comments: