Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Analyzing Autobios

How many times have people stated that they want to change the world as their life goal? Well, I want to do that too (how cliché)! But, I think that so many people desire to do so, including me, because it will allow them to be remembered after they are dead. I want my life to be in some sense eternal so that I know that my life was not meaningless and devoid of purpose, but rather I was important and continued to affect the lives of many even after my death because people would study my contributions to the world even after I was not on physically on it. Therefore, I think that in order for someone's life to be turned into an autobiography it does not necessarily have to contain drama, more so because the word drama has a bad connotation to me in that I perceive two girls trash talking each other in a hallway at school, but it has to have importance. Importance can mean that the person had a profound life- changing experience that was very important and influential to their lives, or it can mean that they actually did something important, like purposed a theory that changed the way that psychology was taught.

With this in mind, I would not want to live a life that did not merit an autobiography. Even if I did not write an autobiography because I was too busy changing lives than having the time to write about my own, I would hope that someone would consider my contributions to society as imperative toward progress in society, and that I did live a meaningful life. I strive to be able to leave a lasting mark on society; I want to do something profound with my life. I do not know what it is yet, and that is where my inner struggle arises, but I hope to live a life that is seen as an inspiration and noteworthy of a biography, whether it is written by myself or someone else.

No comments: