Sunday, October 18, 2009

Timely Routines

WHOA!! I was just looking at my calendar (counting down the day 'til Christmas, I absolutely love Christmas) and realized that Halloween is just 13 days away. Where has the time gone? With classes, homework, a job, and just life all around, it seems as if time just disappears and leaves you to wonder where it went. It seems that a common theme in the reflections this week is homesickness. I'm not going to lie, I will admit that I have suffered my cases of homesickness, but after much thinking I have realized that what I miss the most are routines. Routines that I had established, like getting home, watching tv, eating dinner, and then doing homework. I now understand that it's little things like this that I miss. However, there's always room for new routines in college.

Overall, routines are just a way to pass time. I think this is why I have become so interested in the holidays, I see them as intervals of during which time can be measured so that days go by faster. And the faster days go by, the faster I can get home and see my family.

No comments: