Monday, October 26, 2009

Reflection

I have to say, I was very impressed with our president, Neil Kerwin. In the world of politics that he inhabits, the straight-shooting, frank manner in which he speaks is a rarity. In the first semester of this year, I've a lot of BS coming from a lot of people on a certain number of subjects. Most of the BS comes from students who really don't know what they're talking about, and spew it regardless. However, Mr. Kerwin told us in a straightforward, no-nonsense tone, exactly where he came from, and where AU is going. I truly appreciated the fact that he did not condescend to us at all, and he never seemed to want to be doing something else. It was as if he actually wanted to be there (imagine that!), talking to us about the issues facing American University. Anyways, It was a refreshing look at the leadership of our school, and after meeting him and hearing him speak, I am extremely pleased and hopeful for the future of AU.

In other news, my family is doing very well (thank you very much for asking), and I can still prepare and cook a fabulous steak. I'm not gonna lie, I make a fantastic steak, and the best part is, theres no secret ingredients or marinade; all I use is salt and pepper (albeit ground salt and pepper). First you rub the salt into the steak, a good bit more than you think, too, and this makes sure that the steak loses no moisture during the cooking process so they're nice and juicy. Next you put a HUGE amount of pepper on, almost so you can't even see the meat!!! This, for some reason is the most delicious thing in the world; the french call it steak au poivre, I call it steak au my god I want to eat you. Anyways, it's the most delicious thing ever, and, oh yeah, I'VE GOT LEFTOVERS. So, uh, I'm gonna leave now and devour my leftover steak before I go crazy thinking about it.

No comments: