Friday, October 2, 2009

My Personality/ Preferences

WOW! I was so surprised by how accurate the MBTI Personality test was. Even though when I self- evaluated myself there were two discrepancies between my results and what I thought I would get. Those were the two categories of Introvert/ Extrovert and Thinking and Feeling which were two that I was on the fence about anyways. My result was: ENFJ. The results were definitely reassuring. It's funny because now I do DC Reads and I really enjoy it, and my boyfriend suggested that maybe it's some sort of calling. I always thought about education but was never serious about it. But now to see that most of the careers that would correspond best with my personality are ones that deal with Education/ Human Services, I beginning to at least consider this fate now. I am going to apply to become an intern with my senator for possibly this Spring or Summer, and I think that experience will let me see if I really am interested in working for the government and foreign service because my senator is on the Foreign Relations Committee, that is if I get the job.

Overall, I would say that the presentation that Susan Gordon gave and receiving the MBTI results was my favorite presentation thus far, only because of its perceived utility to me. I think that the other activities which we have done and will be doing in Explorations will reveal their usefulness later on in the semester and/ or in life. Since I am only looking at the present, today's class was my favorite. Probably, when I do my final reflection, my views will have changed completely though!

No comments: