Monday, December 7, 2009

Relection

Hmm, last one, ehh? I don't know. This semester has been an eye-opening experience for me, and not because of my classes. I have learned a lot about myself not in terms of identity (unfortunately), but more in terms of limits. I have learned there is a limit to how much sleep you can get, or not get. I have learned that there is a limit to how little exercise you can get before you snap and work out. I have learned how long you can procrastinate before starting to work on something (too long). I have learned what my personal comfort zone is, and its limits.
This semester has taught me more about myself than about world politics or music, and I have to feel grateful for that. I know now I have to make some adjustments in my life, and that I also have some important decisions to make. Explorations, to me, has been a definite facilitator of these realizations that I have made, not because the course material forced it, but because the introspective atmosphere that the course (and teachers) engenders. Forcing myself to do these blogs was pretty annoying, but definitely useful to myself.
Explorations didn't teach me about my identity, but it taught me to teach myself. If that makes sense.

No comments: