Thursday, December 3, 2009

Community

Hmmm. What community do I wish to join? There are so many that I don't even know where to start. But if I had to narrow it down to a very abstract community, I'd say I would join the happiness community. I came across this idea while reading anne's blog, where she said that "If 'good person' and 'happy' are communities, then I aspire to be in them". The community of happy is an elusive one, I believe, especially nowadays, and it's getting harder to find ways to be in it. But I strongly believe that happiness is the most important part of life. To give and receive happiness is the essence of humanity, in my opinion. If you can't be happy, then what's the point of living? SO, I think the object of my life will be to give happiness to as many people as possible. As soon as I figure out the most efficient way to do that, then I can tell you EXACTLY what community I want to join.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I think being in the "happiness" community would be quite nice as well. As cheesy as it sounds, I think happiness exudes into all aspects of your life. If I was part of a community that made me truly happy, then I think I would be happy with my career, my family, and my lifestyle. Many of the speakers we've had have said that they stumbled across the career that made them truly happy. I think this theory transfers into the communities we are involved in. Atleast for me, I don't know what community I want to be involved in yet...but I know someday I'll come across a community I truly desire to be in that will make me truly happy.

Joe said...

I think we should have a happy singing kum ba ya around a campfire community! I'm only half kidding. I love how our entire class is totally into wandering around the world and being happy. Maybe there's hope for this world yet!

anne said...

I'm glad you read my blog and really the point of communities is happiness and belonging. If you've got those two things you're set.,