Thursday, December 3, 2009

Joining communities

There are a multitude of communities I aspire to join. Based on my dreams and goals, I aspire to become millionaire and join a community of philanthropists, I aspire to become an academic and join a community of researchers, I aspire to write books and join a community of authors that stimulate people's imaginations and perceptions of the universe, a community of travelers and travel-writers, and further explore the world in its magnificence, a community of dance performers, of musicians, artists, and, most physically, a friendly Spanish barrio community in Madrid or Barcelona where I will own a cozy, beautiful home next to the best bakery in town (I love waking up to the smell of baked bread).

Actually, I suspect I plan on moving back to Europe because I am drawn to the small community-bonded way of life that I remember from my childhood.

I aspire to join all these communities because they involve things which greatly interest me and that I love and enjoy. I am glad the question "How do you aspire to join it?" was not asked - that's a matter much too complex, and all I could say is that I am joining them by focusing on the end result.

3 comments:

Ben said...

It's interesting how people took different approaches to this question. Like you, I couldn't imagine simply joining one community, however, I simply described a vague sort of aspiration instead of imaging a life which could fit many specific goals.

princess said...

You say you are drawn to a small community way of life yet you want to join all these communities....
You goals are inspirational - I also agree with you and Ben in not being able to pick one thing - however, in complete seriousness do you see this goals as actual possibilites? If so how would you achieve it? I'm sorry I couldn't not ask the question!!!

Alex said...

As I expounded in class, vague goals bring vague results... as long as you're fine with that. Like PTJ stated, we should monitor where our trains are headed... and sometimes, we should stop and get off at a certain station -- if need be -- just to reflect on what direction to travel next.

Yeah, I guess I want a small home base and a vast network of many communities. And how else, why would they not be possibilities? I've attempted this approach and it works wonders. And twenty years from now, you will probably regret not daring to dream your dreams and not doing things you wish you had done (as opposed to failures, and things you had done). What's to lose? Enough of the homeless man talk, start dreaming like CEOs and Nobel Prize winners, people. :)