Sunday, November 8, 2009

Reflection

I have to say, it was good to see some theater, even if it was short. I do miss theater quite a bit. After doing theater all throughout high school and stopping abruptly at the beginning of this year, I have been missing it greatly. And seeing the people in the acting UC just made me more nostalgic for my past days "trottin' the boards". As a result of seeing the show on wednesday, I have seriously thought about auditioning for AU's production of Oklahoma!. Not for a real role, just a chorus part, so I could enjoy all the benefits of being in a show without all the pressure of having to memorize a bunch of lines. Unfortunately, my senior year, I had a lead role and I left the memorization to the last minute, and even though the show went off great, it was way too stressful for what is supposed to be fun (by the way, the show we did was Curtains and I was Frank Cioffi).

Anyway, I think it would be a great way to get back into shows, and even though I'm not terribly good, I think it's one of the most fun things that a person can do. I really hope that my schedule can accommodate the rehearsals and such, because I am super excited to try to get back into the swing o' things.

No comments: